We Love PTS! Ken Smith is awesome. We have recommended you to Glen Lakes neighbors. ”- Beverly F.
Wanted you to know how pleased we were w/our tree job by Horacio, Luis, Sylvester & Matt. They were friendly, polite, hard working & eager to please. It was awesome to watch them go about their job so efficiently & w/great teamwork. ”- Patti N.
The Consulting Group
Professional Consulting Services are high-level evaluations/assessments designed to learn more about your tree’s health, potential risk, requirements for preservation during construction, valuation, or other client-defined management goals that require experienced, credentialed professionals.
When do you need a Registered Consulting Arborist?
Our credentialed services may be grouped into four main categories:
Urban Forestry Services (Tree Resource Assessments)
Urban trees on residential, commercial, and municipal properties often require a detailed evaluation to better assess a tree’s viability, structural integrity, or compatibility. A professional assessment and report can be conducted for a variety of goals:
- Tree Inventories
- A customizable collection of tree inventory data including parameters such as tree location, tree species type, tree size, condition, and management needs. Inventories, often referred to as “surveys” are often required by municipal code for development projects. Tree Inventories are useful for large residential estates and commercial properties where tree management is more complex and requires more detailed planning and monitoring. Effective site-specific tree management begins with a knowledge of the basic structure and composition of the tree population to be managed.
- Tree Risk Assessments
- Evaluation of the level of risk an individual tree or multiple trees represent to people or property. Risk assessments are important following storm events, prior to, during, and after construction, or any time where a concern for partial or whole tree failure exists. Candidates for risk assessment are often identified during a tree inventory but no existing inventory is required.
- Tree Health Assessments
- Assessment of the qualitative condition of trees to help guide management decisions and provide recommendations to improve or sustain tree growth. Health evaluations can be conducted for residential and commercial properties to assist during landscape projects or simply for better resource knowledge of the tree owner/manager. Tree health can be assessed as a one-time stand-alone service or as an on-going monitoring program.
- Municipal Tree Management
- Tree Ordinance Development – Reviewing, Revising, or Developing language to help regulate the management and protection of trees within a municipal jurisdiction.
- Annual Work Plan or Urban Forest Master Plan Development – Management document development to assist with annual urban forestry management tasks or a comprehensive multi-departmental management guide to help standardize tree care throughout the municipality.
- Professional Tree Care Specification Document – Development of a tree care reference document for annual tree care contracts.
Call a Preservation Tree Registered Consulting Arborist at 866-649-TREE (8733).
Construction/Development Services (Tree Preservation/Protection)
Proper tree preservation adds value to the development process by reducing risk while protecting the health, beauty, and benefits trees provide. Tree cover is a valuable and important asset for any property. However, effective planning and management, especially prior to construction/development is essential for the long-term sustainability of trees. TCG provides tree preservation management strategies for all phases of construction projects where tree preservation is a priority. Services include:
- Pre-Construction Planning:
- Development of tree protection specifications to be used throughout planned development projects to ensure proper tree preservation.
- Tree Inventory data collection and development of tree maps to provide management recommendations for removal and preservation.
- Development of municipal-required tree preservation plan based on collection of professional tree inventory data.
- Tree Protection and Monitoring:
- Defining Tree Protection Zones for all trees to be preserved and installation of protective tree fencing and trunk wraps.
- Site reviews to monitor/report tree health and condition during the development phase to ensure continued protection throughout development.
Preserving and growing healthy and profitable urban forest resources.
Professional consulting designed for formal legal and/or insurance-based cases where in-depth tree evaluations and reporting are required. This can include site visits, tree condition assessments, tree valuations, tree forensics, depositions, and or testimony.
- Tree Appraisal
- The formal process of developing an estimated cost for the replacement or repair of damaged landscape trees. Tree appraisal can be a useful tool in situations involving wrongful removal, tree related accidents, insurance claims, and site restoration. TCG registered consultants use industry standard practices as established by the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers (CTLA).
- Expert Witness
- TCG can provide expert witness / testimony (Defendant / Plaintiff) for any tree related accidents or legal issues from the initial legal proceedings through all phases of the trial. TCG can satisfy the unique demands of litigation by providing comprehensive analysis while addressing key issues with clear and concise testimony.
Educational Services (Training)
- Educational Workshops
- Professional education services related to the selection, establishment, pruning, and overall management of urban trees. Presentations, workshops, and special training can be specifically tailored to your organization’s needs/goals. We can develop one-on-one programs or classroom and field training for your entire team.